Jagdish's Page for International Education

Friday, September 01, 2006

SOP -1

Since my first introduction to the technology of computers, I was quite fascinated and this fascination has developed a latent interest for knowing more and increasing my knowledge in this field. From the days of my school, I had developed this interest and I always updated myself to the latest software and literature in this field.

However, after my higher secondary examination, I was not able to get into the computer field. So I had to compromise with my high desire and hence sought admission to B.E degree in metallurgy. This had to be done keeping in mind that I have to graduate in any field, so as to seek my higher goals.

I graduated from the Maharaja Sayajirao University of Baroda (Gujarat) with distinction in the final year. During my four-year stay in Baroda, I never missed any opportunity of updating myself in the field of my interest.

To put it briefly, I joined ‘Lakhotiya Computer Center’- software training institute which is affiliated to Central College, UK, one of the oldest and most reputed private colleges of higher education in London, for software courses. The program is of 15 months duration and I will be completing it in the month of November ’98. The program has enhanced my knowledge in the field of my desire. I have learned the modules like Dos, MS-Office FoxPro, Hardware concepts, Internet concepts Unix, Oracle and I have yet to complete one more module of programming in ‘C’ and a project undertaken in oracle.

India is gearing to enter the twenty first century as one of the highly developed and industrialized nation on the globe. The adoption of liberalization along with the phenomenon of globalization has triggered a rapid industrial growth and the phenomenon of globalization has triggered a rapid industrial growth and technological upgradation. India is going to be one of the largest market and booming industrial center. This will create new opportunities especially in the field of computer technology. Hence, I wish to take the opportunity of securing an MS Degree in computer science and avail the opportunity of serving my country and people.

My aim of seeking admission in US is to avail the advantages of securing the best of knowledge and the opportunity of the best academic facilities and environment.

I am assured that your university has excellent and strong foundation and the best of infrastructure that will bring the best out of me and help me achieve my goal of being a computer scientist and serve my country to the best of my abilities and patriotism. I hope that I am given this opportunity to fulfill my long cherished dream.

Your kind consideration of my case will be highly acknowledged.


SOP -2


Mr. Adil Gheewala
MS-Computer Science
Statement of Goals.

The computer technology has ushered in a revolution that is unprecedented in its sweep. Its effect on the everyday lives of ordinary people has been phenomenal. Right from the super satellite control stations to the grocer’s humble shop, the efficient office and the busy kitchen in the home this technology is all pervasive, all consuming. This is what makes it one of the most challenging fields as it not only meets needs but has the power to create new needs, rules and total environments of its own. The computer technology has a life, creativity and a vibrancy that is enticing. My decision to focus on a career in Computer Science was a logical culmination of my fascination for computers.

A natural aptitude for mathematics, a sense of logic, analytical ability, capacity for diligent work and high academic credentials secured me a placed the Fr. Conceicao Rodrigues College of engineering. The curriculum at Fr.C.R.C.E exposed me to the entire gamut of computer and electronic courses thus laying a strong foundation for both my Hardware and Software fundamentals. My main areas of interest were software programming, Graphics and Multimedia. I enjoyed the courses in Networks and Operating systems. My interest in Graphics and Databases led me to prepare eye-catching illustrations to explain the working of electronic models. I developed many software programs in C++, Unix and VC++. I gave a number of presentations on subjects beyond the scope of my syllabus including UNIX, Database models, ISA bus Architecture, etc.

My final year project was with the IT department of a shipping company, Herald Maritime Services. The project was completed in a period of 7 months, using VB5 as the front end and Microsoft Access as the back end. My team and I developed the software, which computerized the accident monitoring system. It was a thrilling moment when the maritime company accepted our project for online application on its ships.

The field of application of technology is what interests me the most. I want to acquire the learning that will enable me to contribute to the development of anew software, which can improve efficiency, and accuracy of work in varied spheres. Digital processing is already transforming the world of communications. My ambition is to work at the forefront of the technology with the ability to find innovative solutions to the changing needs.

The distinguished faculty and excellent facilities at your university make its graduate program ideally suited to my professional goals. My desire to pursue further studies in USA is because it has the most dynamic atmosphere, which will shape me to be a thinker and a learner. The flexibility of the curriculum will give me the broad-based education I need to widen the scope of my knowledge and skills. The diversity of the student body will open my mind to new influences, new ideas and new ways of doing things. The world is literally becoming a global village where opportunities for work are transcending physical space. With the cyberspace connections, Indian knowledge workers are increasingly contributing to the global work force. The international education will give me the training and the caliberto meet the global clients. I look forward to being an active contributing member of the student community at your University.

Continuous progress is the key to life. And for progress, knowledge and proper guidance are the essentials. I am sure, the quality knowledge and impeccable guidance, will mould me to be in the learning mode all my life opening the way for constant growth as a person and a professional.
AddThis Social Bookmark Button

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

Google
 
Online Reference
Dictionary, Encyclopedia & more
Word:
by:
Jagdish in Media
FULL LENGTH TEST
FREE SAT TEST
MATH TEST 1
DOWNLOAD TEST MATERIAL
MATH TEST 2
MULTIPLE CHOICE QUESTIONS
FULL LENGTH MATH EXAM
FULL LENGTH ENGLISH EXAM
Buy Jagdish's Book Online
Preface of Jagdish's Book
Foreword To Jagdish's Book
Creative Commons License
WARNING - This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-No Derivative Works 3.0 United States License.
Free Tell A Friend from Bravenet.com
This Day in History
blog search directory
Quotation of the Day